Reducing problem resolution times
Maximising service availability is the goal of every IT department, and is generally achieved by reducing the time to fix problems as and when they arise. Fundamental to fix time reduction is the ability to notify relevant members of the IT function that a problem has occurred, and provide them will all the required details to determine exactly what is causing the issue, so that ultimately they may fix it.
Given the nature of today's mission critical networks and business applications, organisations are increasingly looking towards comprehensive management solutions that provide real-time monitoring and fault escalation policies. XNS is an advanced, interactive notification solution for use with Tivoli management software. By interpreting event information pulled directly from Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS) - and other applications - in real-time, XNS is able to dynamically contact the mobile devices of all the people that need to know about the event by SMS, based upon a set of predefined rules. Recipients are then able to acknowledge messages and execute recovery procedures directly from their mobile phones!
The smartphone is fast becoming the user interface of choice for many organisations’ mission critical applications. By utilising the SMS device, XNS provides rapid notification of issues, dynamic interaction and collaboration, and accelerated event resolution, resulting in reduced downtime and improved service levels.
XNS provides significant, tangible benefits to large and small enterprises, including:
- Guaranteed message delivery
- Decreased mean-time-to-recovery from critical events
- Automated problem resolution
- Enterprise-wide events and alerts from a single platform
- Reduced notification system administration
- Accelerated return on investment for your Tivoli installation
- Reduced support costs by allowing more out-of-hours staff to be "on-call", and not "on-site"
- Effective communication with everybody who needs to be informed