Workload Automation solutions have been around for some time now, with both the technical and business benefits being well documented and understood. Yet despite this, many organisations still have multiple scheduling tools in place, and a batch scheduling infrastructure that continually grows in complexity, with ever more resource required to manage it.
At Elyzium we were keen to understand current customer use of Workload Automation, what the common prohibitive factors to moving to a centralised solution are, and whether organisations are ready to move such a critical responsibility of the IT function to the Cloud. To do this, we asked key organisations to complete a short survey.
The results are now in, and you can download the resulting discussion paper here.
The key findings from the survey can be summarised as follows:
- 70% of organisations have a goal to increase IT efficiency, and most view automation as a way to reach this goal.
- Use of multiple scheduling tools can lead to an array of issues - from continual errors and inefficient use of resources, to the inability to accurately report and the high costs complexity brings.
- The use of free scheduling tools is a false economy given the nature of today’s interconnected, cross-dependent applications.
- A consolidated Workload Automation solution provides easy, cost-effect and centralised control and yet many organisations still perceive it to be expensive, risky and near on impossible.
- Cloud-based Workload Automation offers significant benefits, most notably huge reductions in capex, but despite this SaaS solutions still suffer from incorrect perceptions of FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt).
The whitepaper discusses all of these factors and more, the reasoning behind each, and the best ways to address concerns and combat issues relating to your Workload Automation environment. It will also provide you with an opportunity to benchmark your company’s use of scheduling tools and Workload Automation solutions against peers.
If you have any questions or would like further information, then please do not hesitate to contact us.